Madhouse Tower - Collection of Anatomical Pathology
The Collection of Anatomical Pathology in the Madhouse Tower at the University Campus is a great one for budding scientists and those interested in medicine and the human mind. This rotunda dates back to 1784 and was used originally as a mental asylum until 1866. It was one of the first institutions of its kind and was nicknamed the ‘Madhouse’ Tower because of its inmates.
Visitors to this small museum can learn a bit about Franz Joseph II, who commissioned the build, as well as the role the hospital and asylum played in 18th and 19th century Vienna.
Uni-Campus Hof 6, Spitalgasse 2, Narrenturm, 1090 Vienna
Phone: +43 1 521 77 606