House of Strauss
A Museum for the Waltz Kings
In the 'House of Strauss', located in the picturesque Garden Palace Zögernitz, you'll experience Vienna's vibrant music history up close. At this historically significant location, the musical works of giants like Strauss, Ziehrer, and Lanner once played their famous concerts. 'The Blue Danube Waltz' is arguably the most famous piece by the composer dynasty of Johann Strauss and Sons – and the world’s first pop-hit.
'House of Strauss' takes you an an audio-visual and interactive journey through the comprehensive oeuvre of the Strauss family, the glamorous ball and concert nights of past centuries, and Vienna's role as the world capital of music. The highlight: a digital resurrection of the legendary Waltz King Johann Strauss II in the historic Strauss Ballroom. Let yourself be enchanted by the sounds of an era that revolutionized the world of music. 'House of Strauss' is not just a museum - it's a journey back to the golden age of Viennese music.
- A new cultural hotspot in Vienna, the Capital of Music.
- The true story of the Strauss dynasty throughout the entire 19th century in Vienna
- Audio-visual experiences based on original sheet music and imagery
- Become part of the history yourself through interactive technologies
- Audio guide narrated by Thomas Strauss, great-great-great-grandson of Johann Strauss
- Multimedia show on a 9-meter-wide LED screen
- Historically authentic ballroom where the entire Strauss dynasty performed
Tram:37: Pokornygasse; 38
Bus: 10A, 35A: Gatterburggasse
Hop On Hop Off
Döblinger Hauptstraße 76,